Broccoli is an extremely healthy vegetable with multiple health benefits. Here are few dishes made from Broccoli that you can include in your daily diet.
Quick Cheesy Broccoli
This quick broccoli and cheese recipe is everything cozy, cheesy, and warm: in less than 10 minutes! It’s the ideal easy side dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, stem on (about 3 large heads or 6 heaping cups florets)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (the powdery kind)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop the broccoli into medium sized florets (leave a good amount of the stem for a nice shape; see the photo or How to Cut Broccoli).
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it on medium high heat. Add broccoli and salt. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the broccoli, followed by the cheddar cheese. Add ¼ cup water to the bottom of the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook another 1 minute until cheese is melted and the water cooks out. Serve immediately!
Broccoli Stir Fry
This broccoli stir fry makes this green vegetable taste irresistible! Serve it as a tasty side dish, or add a protein and you’ve got dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large heads) broccoli
- 1 head broccolini (or 1 additional head of broccoli)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated (about a 2-inch nub)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (regular, not toasted)
- Kosher salt
- For the garnish: sliced green onion, sesame seeds (optional)
- To serve as a main dish: Add ¾ cup cashews with broccoli*, or make Marinated Tofu or Sauteed Shrimp (with sesame oil and lime) and serve with rice
- Chop the broccoli and broccolini into large florets (about 6 cups florets total). Chop the red onion into bite sized squares. Dice the pepper into bite sized squares. Remove the stems from the portobellos (if necessary), slice them into strips, then cut the larger pieces in half. Place all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mince the garlic. Peel the ginger and grate it. Place them together in a small bowl.
- Stir together the mirin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet over high heat, and heat the oil. Add the broccoli, broccolini (if using), red onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and cook 6 to 7 minutes until just starting to brown on edges, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger cook for 1 minute more, until broccoli is crisp tender but still bright green. Turn off the heat and add the sauce, stirring until combined. Taste and add additional pinches salt as necessary. Serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion (optional).
These are two delicious and healthy broccoli recipes.